Many have heard of the H1B skilled worker visa. It is a visa program that allows workers with needed skills to come and work in the United States legally for a period of time. However, most people are unaware of the wide scope of such employment-based visas that the U.S. makes available. These visas come in a dizzying array of types, each with their own requirements, and many people overseas find them too confusing or difficult to apply for.

With experienced and knowledgeable help, however, these visas provide a route to a Green Card and eventual U.S. citizenship to thousands of people every year.  In this series of blog posts, we are going to cover these visas one by one so that you can judge if you would qualify. And remember, we are always here to help and answer any questions you may have along the way.

Employment-Based Visas: E or EB Visa Class

The employment-based visas, or “E” or “EB” visa class, are numbered, but we’re going to take them out of sequence, and instead focus first on the ones that are more attractive to prospective immigrants.

E2 Visa for Professionals Holding Advance Degrees

The first of these is the E2, Professionals Holding Advanced Degrees. Any person with the equivalent of a U.S. master’s degree or a U.S. bachelor’s degree, and with at least five years of professional experience in that field can qualify!  

You must first seek work in the U.S remotely and secure a job offer from an employer who is willing to file the visa petition on your behalf. While this is difficult, it is not at all impossible. It is especially possible in technical fields like engineering or high-skill fields like IT where employers are willing to go the extra mile due to the difficulty in finding the right qualified people at home. 

A Typical E2 Visa Case

A typical case may be a Mexican electrical engineer with an advanced degree from a major university in Guadalajara who has worked for eight years for the Mexican affiliate of an American or European company. This person would be well-placed to seek work in the U.S. and obtain an E2 visa.  

Family members, including spouses and all children, would qualify for their own E visas right alongside the principal applicant as well.

We can help you realize your potential and make your dream a reality. Contact Molina Law Group at any time to discuss how you may obtain an E2 visa.